Pages

June 25, 2012

Movies I've seen recently #6

Hooray! Two months of freedom lies ahead! 3 weeks of travelling and lots of time for book reading, movie watching, taking photos and relaxing. Much, much needed :)

My Blueberry Nights (2007)
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I remember seeing the cover for this movie years ago, when I worked at a gas station, where you could rent movies. When I saw the cover, I decided that I had to see this movie someday. It took four years before that happened, so maybe I've built up some crazy expectations, I don't know. At first it disappointed me, but now, a few days later, my view upon it is more positive. The story isn't great, but I really like the mood in this film - the soundtrack is perfect for this atmosphere (or maybe the atmosphere is as it is because of the music?).
Furthermore it's a beautiful movie visually, it's full of rich colours, which also adds to the atmosphere. And last, but not least, Jude Law is in it and that's always a plus, haha. I love his accent.

My favourite song from the soundtrack: Cat Power - The Greatest



The Painted Veil (2006)
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
One of the best things about this movie is the incredibly beautiful Chinese scenery. If I return to China one day I definitely have to go more inland to the countryside instead of staying in the big cities.
The story is good as well, just a little bit too long-drawn-out. Especially in the beginning I was a little bored.

[Photos from Allmoviephoto]

No comments:

Post a Comment