Pages

August 23, 2012

Prep by Curtis Sittenfeld

I wish I was better at writing about the books I read, but apparently I tend to forget it. Anyway, this is a book I think deserves a recommendation; Prep by Curtis Sittenfeld.

It has been on my reading list for years, but have been waiting for the "right time" to read it. Sometimes I come across books I know I'll like and then I keep procrastinating, because I like to know that I still have this great reading experience to look forward to. Do you know the feeling?

Anyway, I was right about Prep, it was a good read. It takes place on a boarding school and the story is told by Lee Fiora. She is a very thoughtful and insecure teenager, who feels different and is one of the outsiders.
Curtis Sittenfeld describes life as a teenager pretty well, I could recognize a lot of Lee's thoughts from myself when I was her age. Several times I thought of how happy I am, that I don't have to be a teenager again, haha! It was fun to read about Lee's life at the school and at the end I just wanted to know what happened to all of the students.


No comments:

Post a Comment