Pages

April 10, 2011

The Makers

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

When I saw these photos I realized how much I miss sitting behind a potter's wheel! To start out with a lump of nice, soft clay, not knowing what it will turn out to be and suddenly you have a bowl or a cup. I love it, it's so much fun and luckily I'll spend a week this summer making ceramics again, can't wait!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The photos is a part of a photo project by Jennifer Causey called The Makers Project. With inspirational photos she takes us behind the scenes, showing the work spaces and studios of various craftsmen in Brooklyn. Among others she visited a ceramicist, a printer, chocolate and candy makers, a perfumer, a florist and a designer.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

[photos: Jennifer Causey/The Makers Project via design is mine]

No comments:

Post a Comment