Pages

February 25, 2011

After the quake

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I keep forgetting to update my "currently reading" gadget in the sidebar... I am liable only to update it when I think the cover of the book is pretty. And that's why "After the quake" has been there for so long. Haruki Murakami is one of my favourite authors, but in general I prefer novels rather than short stories and that's also the case when it comes to Murakami. Maybe it's just because the stories are so weird and end very abruptly. Or maybe it's because they remind me of all the crazy stories we had to analyze and write essays about in different English classes over the years (while I read After the quake I kept thinking how happy I was that I didn't have to analyze these stories). 

This cover is so much prettier than the cover of the one I got (black with a pile of white stones - so boring!). If I liked the book more than I did (and I had too much money) I would consider buying this edition instead, just because the cover is prettier.  


[source: fantasticfiction]

No comments:

Post a Comment