Pages

June 24, 2011

Inspiration

Next week I'll be off for this summer's ceramics course, so I've been looking for a bit of inspiration for my clay projects. Last year I made tons of small bowls with different glazes (and I really don't know how to use them all), so this year I'll try to make less, but in a better quality, which means I'll focus on improving my technique.



The cups (or whatever they're called) in the bottom left corner of the collage have the most incredible paper-thin sides. I have never seen ceramics as thin as that. And I love the yellow colour. They are made by the Danish potter Bodil Manz.
I also like the two baskets (upper left corner) made by Malene Müllertz, but I don't think I'll be able to make anything like that myself. But they're beautiful.
Last but not least, the lamps full of holes from feinedinge. I think I'll try to make something similar, just for candles. Now I just have to figure out how to make the holes. Not sure if I dare to "ruin" the vases I make by making holes in them...

[image sources: 1+2 Lacoste Gallery, 3 Designmuseum Denmark and 4+5+6 feinedinge]

No comments:

Post a Comment