Pages

April 4, 2012

A few books I've read...

It's been a while since I wrote anything about the books I've read, maybe because I haven't read any really great books lately, but I thought I'd just say a few words about some of them anyway. Let's hope the next books I read will be better!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

Chronic City
For some unknown reason I really, really wanted to like this book, but I must admit, that I don't. It is one of the most boring books I've read this year and it was hard for me to get through it. If your curiosity is big enough, and you still want to know what the book is all about, after my negative words, you can read a review here.

Faithful Place
If you like mystery/crime fiction you'll probably like this one. It's not amazing, but I enjoyed it (even though it was a wee bit too long). Reviews can be found here.

Eat, Pray, Love
This is also a book I've had one my to-read-list for a long time. I thought the travelling part of it would be something I'd like to read. Some of it was good, I liked the Italy part, maybe because it was the first part of the book and I wasn't yet tired of "me, me, me" aka Elizabeth Gilbert talking about herself. I know it's what you should expect while reading a biography, but still. It annoyed me that it was all about her). I think (and hope) the story works better as a film, at least the book haven't deterred me from wanting to see the film. Reviews here.

Have you read some good books lately?

[Pictures from Goodreads]

No comments:

Post a Comment