Pages

January 25, 2011

As good as chocolate (almost)

A long time ago I read the book Chocolat by Joanne Harris. Yes, it's the one made into a movie with Johnny Depp and Juliette Binoche in the lead roles (which btw is a nice movie). I made a mistake, when I read the book shortly after watching the movie - I didn't like the book that much, because it wasn't identical to the movie.
But I liked the universe so much, that I thought I'd give the "sequel" a chance. So I read The Lollipop Shoes and I love it! If the book reflects the true life in a chocolaterie, I want to be a chocolatier (unfortunately it doesn't). All the descriptions of how to make the most delicious chocolates is just so... yummy! It's definitely a feel good book. I recommend reading it in the autumn or winter, just because it's not that suited for summer, in my opinion. It's too cosy, if a book can be cosy, haha. Too much babbling going on here, I'll stop now. Just read it, you won't regret it (I hope).

(Btw the title of this post does not refer to the book, but the eatable kind of chocolate of course ;) ).

No comments:

Post a Comment