Pages

March 8, 2012

The Emperor's Castle


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


If you're into origami just like me, you'll probably like this, am I right? I think it's pretty awesome! But then again, architectural models fascinates me a lot in general, so it's not surprising that I really like it. So many tiny details, I love it!
The project is called The Emperor's Castle and it's made by British architect Thomas Hillier. On his website it's described like this "a fantastical theatre of surreal spatial thresholds sited in Tokyo that used narrative as a vehicle to examine current day cultural and social issues within Japan". You can read more about it on his website, if you want.

I used the same pattern for some of my origami, as you might have seen in this post. It's pretty cool to see origami from an architectural perspective "in action", as that is exactly what we had to do.

[Source: Thomas Hillier]

No comments:

Post a Comment