Pages

February 24, 2012

Origami



The first week of the new semester I spent folding paper like crazy. We had to explore different origami patterns and how to make interesting shapes, which resulted in a desk filled with folded paper. Origami is not new to me, as a child I folded a lot of animals from the origami paper my mom brought home from Japan long before I was born. But when I ran out of paper, I didn't bother to get more, so it's been a long time since I've made any origami. But it was fun to do origami again, now I just need some pretty origami paper.

Apropos origami, these fun, colourful candles was to be found in my reader a few days ago. There's so many things I'd never knew of if it wasn't for blogs...
As a teen I collected candles in various colours and shapes and I think these would be a great addition to my collection. And it would look so pretty with a few origami boat candles floating in a bowl of water.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


[Photos: Sviecky Candle Design and DesignEast]

No comments:

Post a Comment