Pages

February 25, 2012

Movies I've seen recently #3

If you have some extra time this weekend and you don't know what to do, you could watch a movie or two. And if you can't decide which movie to watch, here's some inspiration. I'd go for Breaking and Entering if I had to watch one of them again.

Breaking and entering (2006)
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
There is an architect in it. And Jude Law is in it (he's the architect, Will). It's good. Watch it, if you get the chance. Watch the trailer here. By the way, it took me a long time to realise, where I had seen Will's wife before (it happens quite often when I watch a movie, do you know the feeling?). By the end of the movie I figured it out, it was Jenny from Forrest Gump!


The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008)
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I liked the story, but it was a bit too long for my taste. In my opinion it could have been much shorter without ruining the story. I have the short story somewhere, maybe I should read it to see if it's better than the movie.


Bridget Jones's Diary (2001)
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I read the book last year and I must say I like the movie so much more than the book. There was to many almost identical lists in the book, the movie is more fast-paced, which definitely is a good thing in this case. A good entertaining movie, if you don't feel like thinking too much.


The Devil Wears Prada (2006)
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Same category as Bridget Jones's Diary. Absolutely better than the book. I found it a bit weird that Simon Baker played Christian Thompson though. To me, Simon Baker is the mentalist (haven't seen him anywhere else until now) and he's really good in the Mentalist, so it was hard for me to see him as a young writer. Plus I imagined Christian to be much younger and dark-haired.


[Image sources: tribute and AllMoviePhoto]

No comments:

Post a Comment